After a week off, the Bearcats returned to the gridiron this past weekend to hoist the Keg of Nails once again. Once again, UC did it with defense, not allowing an offensive touchdown for a 2nd straight game. Much of that performance can be attributed to a monster defensive line that has performed as I have expected of them once again leading the Big East in Sacks and Tackles for Loss. They finished no worse than 2nd in any of the categories:
|Height - Weight||6'0" 192 lbs|
|Hometown||Alamonte Springs, FL|
|High School||Lake Brantley|
|247 Sports||*** - 85|
|Rivals||*** - 5.6|
|ESPN||*** - 78|
- Derek Wolfe leads the team in all 5 categories above. That’ll happen when you have 11-tackle-days like he did against Louisville. Just incredible.
- I’m really happy for Walter Stewart who notched his first sack of the season. He’s been working hard and it’s finally paying off on the stat sheet.
- It seems like a lot of the sacks occur while Mills and Taylor are out there. Both are playing like men on fire right now and it’s showing.
The Rest of the BEast
- Rutgers’ defense line tacked on another 30 tackles last week against South Florida. That helped boost them to 3rd in the rankings.
- UConn has been steadily falling in the rankings being overtaken by Rutgers and Pitt
- South Florida also boasts a solid defensive line and are again near top of the Big East. It looks like it’s still a two team race right now despite Rutgers creeping up from behind.
- With Syracuse and West Virginia on byes, they didn’t gain any ground in the rankings.
Tags: Bearcats Bearcats Football Bearcats Nation Roll Out Big East Butch Jones Cincinnati Coach Butch Jones Coach Jones Connecticut Defensive Line Derek Wolfe ESPN Big East Blog Louisville Louisville Cardinals Nation Pitt Pitt Panthers RU Rutgers Rutgers Scarlet Knights South Florida Bulls SU Syracuse Syracuse Orange UConn USF West Virginia West Virginia Mountaineers WVU