It’s the first day of UC’s Fall football camp in Higher Ground, Indiana which means that we finally get a look at all of the roster changes that have occurred since it was updated in the Spring. I’ll make this brief as you can see the complete roster yourself but here are my first impressions:
- On the flip side #52 from last season, linebacker Dwight Jackson, is no longer on the roster.
- Mitch Meador is still listed as a linebacker despite reporting in at over 280 lbs. That must be a typographical error.
- Clemente Casseus is listed as a redshirt freshman. I’m guessing that’s also wrong since he saw the field quite a bit in 2011.
- Jordan Luallen is now listed as a linebacker. Given his athleticism he should handle the new role well. Heck he’s handled every other adjustment thus far with ease so why not?
- I didn’t think he could get any skinnier but somehow Munchie Leagux actually lost weight over the Summer. He’s now a rail thin 199 lbs.
- The biggest concern I have is along the defensive line. Jordan Stepp now weighs 268 lbs, a whopping 19 lbs lighter than in the Spring weigh-in. It’s not uncommon for some players to gain or lose weight over the Summer break but 19 is a TON and especially for a guy who is being looked at to anchor the interior of the defensive front. Yikes.
- Some good weight loss came from Brandon Mitchell who is now a ‘slim’ 285 lbs.