UC-Bellarmine Postgame Links
The 3 point defense was much improved in the second half, but it’s still an issue. UC gave up 9 3s today and 9 in the opener. That’s cause for some concern. Bellarmine had a ton of wide open looks in the first half. They broke the press easily and at will before UC was able to wear them down by being better.
Eventually, UC’s athleticism and full-court pressure were too much to overcome for the Knights, who are ranked fourth nationally in Division II by The Sporting News. But it was good practice for the Bearcats, who weren’t too proud to admit their admiration for the way Bellarmine played.
The Bearcats ran their exhibition winning streak to 36 games, dating back to 1995. UC went 2-0 in exhibition play after knocking off Carleton 77-63 a week ago. Cincinnati opens the 2013-14 campaign against North Carolina Central on Friday, Nov. 8 at 8 p.m. in Fifth Third Arena.
Cincinnati Coach Mick Cronin said his squad also got a great experience from playing Bellarmine. “They do a great job,” Cronin said. “They are extremely well coached, and that’s why we play them all the time. We were really impressed with their basketball team, and I wanted to play them so our guys would hopefully one day pass the ball as well as them. They had 23 assists on 25 baskets, which is why they go to Final Four’s and win championships at the Division II level.”
Other Links Of Interest
- USC coaching search: Lovie Smith interviewed; Sarkisian on radar – Have fun with Lovie, Trojans.
- Richie Incognito to ESPN: ‘Stop slandering my name’
- And so it begins… Louisville wins 1st AAC Championship – Ugh.. eff Louisville.
- The Terrifying Hell A Marathon Inflicts On The Human Body
- Mike Napoli Had A Wild, Drunken, Shirtless Saturday – Well then.