The Cincinnati Bearcats are up 35-27 on the Nebraska Cornhuskers. Here are some halftime notes for those of you who are just now joining the game.
- Troy Caupain has garnered 7 minutes this half and GeLawn Guyn 5 minutes. That’s been the trend recently and is a reason to not be concerned that Caupain isn’t starting every game.
- Kevin Johnson is having himself a little coming out party. The freshman is pacing the Bearcats with 11 points and has come up with clutch shots in the half.
- Conversely, Sean Kilpatrick has not. The senior has 7 points, which is only bested by KJ, but has missed several open threes. Cincinnati is up by 8 now but arguably should be up by double-digits if Kilpatrick could bury even one of the three’s he shot.
- The Bearcats have played stellar defense, per usual. Nebraska has turned the ball over 5 times and is shooting just 32% from the field.
- The Cats and Cornhuskers are dead even in rebounds. That bodes well for Cincinnati considering this is their weakest area.
Overall, this has just been an entertaining game made even more enjoyable with Cincinnati playing solid basketball right now. Sure Kilpatrick could hit a few more threes but in general I’m pleased with UC’s performance. The second half is coming up soon.