Being in such close proximity to one another, it only makes sense that the Cincinnati Bearcats and Louisville Cardinals battle over several high school recruits. UC wins some (Anthony McClung) and UL wins others (Preston Brown).
As such, the departure of head coach Charlie Strong to Texas has presented Tommy Tuberville with an excellent opportunity to swoop in and snag some recruits who are verbally committed to Louisville. At the very least he could reach out and inquire when the dead period is lifted in mid-January. So Cincy on the Prowl has provided three lists of potential recruits Tuberville and his staff might target. This is by no means an exhaustive list but the most logical place for him to start.
The first is a list of recruits who are committed to Louisville but have scholarship offers from Cincinnati.
- Isaiah Ford: 6’2″, 170 lbs 3-Star wide receiver from Jacksonville, FL
- Michael Johnson: 6’3″, 180 lbs 3-Star safety from Hialeah, FL
- Lukayus McNeil: 6’7″, 272 lbs 3-Star offensive tackle from Indianapolis, IN
- LJ Scott: 5’10″, 210 lbs 3-Star fullback from Marion, OH
- Rashawn Shaw: 6’3″, 228 lbs 3-star defensive end from Ft. Pierce, FL
- George Rushing: 6’1″, 180 lbs 3-star wide receiver from Fort Lauderdale, FL
The second is a list of recruits who are uncommitted but have scholarship offers from both Louisville and Cincinnati. With the departure of Strong, these players could potentially be swayed to consider the Bearcats.
- Daniel Cage: 6’3″, 285 lbs 4-Star defensive tackle from Cincinnati, OH
- Steve Ishmael: 6’2″, 170 lbs 3-Star wide receiver from Miami, FL
Finally, the third list is a selection of recruits from the Cincinnati area who don’t have a scholarship offer from UC but are committed to Louisville.