The Cincinnati Bearcats head to Paul Brown Stadium at noon today to play in their annual spring game. Be sure to follow our own Derek Mack on Twitter, who will be live tweeting the scrimmage today. If you’re heading there/already tailgating, you can find all of the information you need to know here. But here’s the rundown:
- Gates open at 11 am and is free to the public
- There will be 12 minute quarters and a 15 minute halftime
- It will be 1st team offense v. 2nd team defense and visa versa
- UC will host a youth football clinic on the field after the scrimmage
Additionally, UC released their roster for this spring game, which you can find here. Below are some stray observations I made while perusing the list.
- An array of ‘Cats are on the mend and won’t be participating today including Darren Dosten (S), Drake Bruns (S), Marcus Foster (S), Brad Harrah (DE), Jerrell Jordan (DE), Munchie Legaux (QB), Lindsay Crook (FB), Garrett Campbell (OT), Kevin Schloemer (OG), Javon Harrison (WR), and John Colosimo (K). That’s 11 in total. Wow.
- All four early enrollees from the 2014 signing class are listed. In case they slipped your mind, they are Linden Stephens (CB #32), Marcus Tappan (LB #55), Jarred Evans (QB #12), and Hayden Moore (QB #10).
- Rod Moore, who played cornerback last season, is back at runningback. Additionally, Chad West, who came to UC as a defensive end, is playing offensive line and Ey’Shawn McClain, who came in at linebacker is at defensive end.
- Wide receiver Shakim Alonzo goes by “Shai” Alonzo. I like it.
- Ralph David Abernathy is officially listed at wide receiver and I think we can all breathe a sigh of relief having this knowledge.