For the second straight season, the University of Cincinnati baseball team has won the American Athletic Conference Academic Excellence Award, recording the highest GPA among all league baseball teams for the 2014-15 school year. Additionally, former Bearcats player Ian Happ was named the baseball Scholar-Athlete Sport Excellence Award winner.
Two simple words UC fans shout with pride every time they cheer on the red and black. Additionally, it has become the identity of Bearcats Athletics in the digital world, between GoBEARCATS.com and the @GoBEARCATS Twitter handle. As we enter the 2015-16 school year, we wanted to make it easier for Bearcats fans to connect with and follow all of our varsity programs. In keeping with the GoBearcats spirit, we’ve made changes to the social media accounts for all of our teams to make them easier to find and demonstrate to the world, we as Bearcats are truly One Team.
OTHER UC STUFF
To commemorate Episode 5 of The Football Four Podcast, USA TODAY Sports college football writer Paul Myerberg joins me to analyze the Group of Fiveconferences: The American, Conference USA, the Mid-American, the Mountain West and Sun Belt.
Watching his teammates get promoted to the big leagues, Robert Stephenson can’t help but think about his own callup. And with his latest gem, he brought that call one step closer.
The Reds’ second-ranked prospect tossed eight three-hit innings and struck out 10 on Tuesday night, pitching Triple-A Louisville to a 3-1 victory over Charlotte at Louisville Slugger Field.
RANDOMNESS FROM ACROSS THE NET
- Chris Mortensen no-shows Boston radio interview to answer to false DeflateGate report
- Big 12 Expansion or Contraction? Watch Out for Oklahoma
- Friday Night Lights 25th anniversary: H.G. Bissinger book excerpt
- How Cliff Alexander went from basketball prodigy to NBA project
- Here’s more awesome footage of the Lexus hoverboard
- Twitter is cracking down on joke theft, and Conan O’Brien is being sued for it